EGO=Edging God Out



EGO=Edging God Out. I don't know who said this, but it has proven to be a very helpful barometer in gaging myself as well as my actions. When EGO tries to make an appearance, and it's often, IT tries to glorify ITSELF like everything depends on IT and IT'S perception of things. IT clouds the reality that community, harmony, connection, co-operation all relay on people interrelating with each other to created a higher good-which is what occurred when all walks of life came together to help the baby seal, Trooper, that day.

Recognizing EGO has empowered me to give credit where credit is due and to admit when I'm wrong. I've also come to see how slick EGO tries to be in sneaking in little self glorification's as if that's alright and IT gets help from others who say, "You know you have to take credit for that, it wasn't just "Divine Inspiration" if you didn't act on it, it would not have happened." Truth, without Divine Inspiration, which for me is Yemaya whispering to me what my next move should be, the event would not have been in existence to take place i.e. without the idea/inspiration there would not have been anything to act on.

EGO is an illusion that you can do any and everything alone, when in truth without someone, be it the Ancestor's, Parent's, Friends, Teacher's,Significant Others, Children, Pet Companions, Nature, who ever/what ever you turned to for strength in your darkest hour, you would not be able you would not have been able to make, let alone being able to stand here today. No body does anything alone, despite what they may say. I will give it to them that they acted alone in seeing something no one else saw or thought could be done, but to create that thing, to bring it to life took a village. And that is the Citizenship of Humanity helping/serving/ creating when there is a need.

Blessing and Praise to You, Yemaya for being the village of my soul for without you I am truly nothing....

Your Servant,

Kioni



Comments